Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 955


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Fifty-Five:
My symptoms have abated, somewhat, but it seems my protégé has now contracted this infuriating infection. In fact, the unfortunate youth seems to be suffering even worse than I did. The reason why this would be the case is unclear to me, unless his system was so taxed by his existing injury that this additional stress was more than it could cope with. Regardless of the explanation, he seems exceedingly ill.

My hominid-servant seems deeply troubled by my companion’s symptoms and has indicated she is making arrangements to return him to the fixing place. While my suffering was severe, the portion of my respiratory tract affected was limited to my sinuses and nasal passages. Unfortunately for him, my compatriot’s illness seems to have advanced to the point where it’s possible his lungs may be involved. So, my hominid-servant is correct that skilled intervention is needed, but I still have reservations as to the advisability of exposing him to the trauma of such a trip when his system is already under such strain.

I must admit, my fondness for the small pest is a bit concerning to me. However, it is impossible for me to deny that I am experiencing anxiety over the little idiot’s fate. And the prospect of his being forced to revisit a place like the fixing place doesn’t help alleviate my disquiet. Hopefully, my hominid-servant will come up with a more palatable alternative that will still ensure my young cohort receives the care that he obviously requires.

Uh-oh. Time to get the doctor! You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment