Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

#Interview With Susanne Leist!


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Please join me in welcoming accomplished author, Susanne Leist!  Susanne, can you please tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

Susanne: I’ve spent a major portion of my life pursuing business interests. I have an M.B.A. in Finance. I’ve had jobs in budgeting, financial analysis, and commodities. After staying home with my children, the field of finance didn’t call to me anymore. I was tired of the backstabbing and greediness. I wanted to follow my creative talents. I began to write. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. I’m still writing and writing.

Me: Congratulations on following your passion! :-) What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Susanne: I’ve written one book, The Dead Game. It is the first in a series. T.V. inspired this book. The Dead Game began as a mystery with clues and dead bodies. I was following in the path of the murder mysteries that I love to read. Then the story turned darker. The town’s residents hid inside during the day and came out at night. The T.V. shows, Supernatural and The Originals, played with my mind. The Dead Game has vampires and human vampires.

Me: Wow! Sounds interesting! :-) What are you working on now?

Susanne: I am presently working on book two in The Dead Game series. I’m almost finished. About twenty pages to go.

Me: Yay for sequels! ;-) What authors, or books, have influenced you?

Susanne: I love to read. I have many authors who have inspired me. To name a few: Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allen Poe, Allistair Maclean, Brad Meltzer, Linda Fairstein, Lisa Unger, Heather Graham, and on.

Me: There are some great authors on that list! Poe is one that I particularly enjoy as well. He's like the literary equivalent of thick, dark chocolate. What are you reading now?

Susanne: I’m reading All I Want for Halloween by Marie Harte. I found it at Barnes & Noble, the brick and mortar store. I liked the cover. I still prefer to read books as opposed to digital.

Me: Cool! For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Susanne: Dear reader, you can expect to be entertained and surprised. I like twists and turns. I also enjoy to do things a little different than other books in the same genre. The same is boring.

Me: I agree! What is your favorite part of being an author?

Susanne: I can create my own piece of art that can be around long after I’m gone.

Me: So true! Do you have a day job as well?

Susanne: Nope. I read and write. In between, I shop and go swimming. And if my husband’s lucky, I make dinner.

Me: Lucky you! :-) What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Susanne: The hardest part is promoting. I love making banners and videos, but it’s hard to snag readers’ attentions from the vast multitude of books on the market. My Kindle and Nook are 99 cents, but authors give them away for free. It’s a challenge to compete.

Me: I think you're echoing the laments of many indie authors. ;-) What genre do you place your book in?

Susanne: On Amazon, it falls into Vampire Suspense. On Barnes & Noble, it’s on Paranormal Suspense.

Me: Wonderful! And is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Susanne: Please give indie authors a chance. We work hard and we do it for love.

Me: Amen! And so these fine folks can find your labor of love, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Susanne: Yes, thank you.



Me: Perfect! Thank you so much for joining me here today, Susanne, and thank you to everyone else who dropped by as well. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment