Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Saturday, January 6, 2018

#Interview With Ammar Habib!



Hey Everyone!! :-)

I've got another special guest to introduce to you all, today. Please welcome Ammar Habib! Ammar, can you, please, tell us about yourself and how many books you have written.

Ammar: Hello! My name is Ammar Habib. I am an award-winning and best-selling author based out of Texas. My writing background is that I have written 7 books. 4 have been published and three more will be releasing throughout next year.

Me: Sounds like you're a busy man! :-) What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Ammar: My latest book is Dark Guardian: Legends. It is the third part of my Dark Guardian Series, which was started by my first novel, Dark Guardian. This novel was inspired by the idea of “legacy”. What does it mean to be a legend? What does it mean to have a life which is a torch for others to follow? Those questions are what inspired the writing of this newest novel.

Me: Interesting! What are you working on now?

Ammar: I’m currently working on a narrative non-fiction project with my agent! We recently finished the proposal and are starting to shop it around.

Me: Sounds like fun! :-) For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Ammar: My Dark Guardian Series is definitely a character-driven superhero saga! It has thrills, suspense, mystery, and a bit of romance. The entire series takes readers on a roller coaster of emotions that so far most readers have definitely enjoyed, from what I am hearing. Although the plot is definitely intense, the main character, Ethan Daniels, holds true as the central point of the series.

Me: It's awesome that you're getting so much positive feedback. :-) What does it mean to you to be an author?

Ammar: Being an author means many things. You’re a world-builder. An action hero. A cowboy. A wizard. You’re whatever you want to be. As an author, you live vicariously through your characters (I sometimes even find myself thinking about them!). Therefore, you’re a wearer of many hats, and get to keep a piece of each character with you long after you’ve written the story.

Me: Very true! :-) What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Ammar: Honestly, the easiest part for me is doing the actual writing. The hardest part for me has always been the business aspect of the industry: getting published, gaining traction, gaining awareness, etc. But I’m defiantly overcoming this hurdle one step at a time!

Me: I think most authors would agree with you there. What is your writing process? Is it a set process or more fluid? What inspires you?

Ammar: My writing process always begins with a theme. I ask myself, “Why should readers read this? What do I hope they get out of it?” As entertaining as I hope my stories are, I want them to hold some sort of moral lesson or theme for the audience as well. At the same time, I don’t want to slap readers in the face with this ‘theme’. Instead, I want to show it in the characters and story arc. So I take a lot of time in figuring out who my characters are. As far as pre-writing goes, I probably spend more time fleshing out the characters than I spend on anything else. Many times, putting in the effort to create three-dimensional characters is the separator between good and great work. However, with that said, my writing process is very fluid. I like to try and create an outline before I go into the actual writing. But many times I find myself starting the first draft before I’ve even finished my outline. The inspiration comes in bursts so I try to capitalize on those bursts as much as I can. I find that being too stringent in my writing process can actually become a hindrance. As far as inspiration goes, I honestly draw inspiration from everywhere. I’ve had a huge imagination since I was a child, so that is usually my biggest source. I have a hard time switching my imagination off, which can be a problem when somebody is trying to talk to you and you’re imagining a battle scene in your head! The other place I really draw inspiration is from the world around me. I try to stay observant because sometimes the best inspiration passes by right in front of you!

Me: Ah, a planner. ;-) What advice do you have for new/aspiring writers?

Ammar: I’ve learned a lot about the industry over the past few years. What I’ve seen is that along with filmmaking, it is probably the most subjective industry out there. A writer may spend months perfecting their story, putting their heart and soul into it, staying up the whole night working on it, only for an editor to reject it with a short sentence of vague reasoning. That’s what can make the industry very frustrating. What I tell people who ask is that you need to write something that you believe in. Don’t worry about what others think about it. If you think it’s a great story and one that needs to be told, then write it! The other thing is that writers need to have thick skin. Editors and agents reject hundreds of works a day, so never take it personal. Even critics give bad reviews all the time. But if you believe in your work and did your best, then never let the opinions of anyone tear you down. Write stories that you’d want to read, regardless of what others say!

Me: True. As with any art, in writing, the beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Ammar: I always say that I can never thank my readers enough! An author is nothing with his readers and I am always humbled and thankful for the support of each and every one of my readers!
Me: Absolutely! And so these wonderful readers can find your work, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Ammar:
Links to Works:
https://www.amazon.com/Ammar-Habib/e/B00MMQVI9C

Social Media Links:
www.ammahsenhabib.com
https://www.facebook.com/ammarahsenhabib
https://twitter.com/AmmarAHabib1
https://instagram.com/ammar.a.habib/

Thank you for the interview! I hope your readers enjoy reading the interview as much as I enjoyed answering the questions

Me: You're welcome! :-) And thank you for stopping by, today. Thank you, as well, to the rest of you who joined us, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings!


No comments:

Post a Comment