Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 581


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Eighty-One:
I am concerned over the psychological health of the infant felid. Though, perhaps it would be more accurate to refer to him as the juvenile felid, at this point. Physically, he has grown at an astonishing rate, and I believe it will not be too long before he reaches his full, adult size.

However, physicality aside, his mental state is what concerns me, currently. Lately, he seems to forget at times that all of his body parts are attached to him and under his control. For instance, earlier today, he took exception to the actions of his tail and attacked it. I would have taken such behavior as an effort to combat boredom, on his part, except that he seemed to be astonished when his assault on his tail resulted in his experiencing pain.

Likewise, yesterday, it was his left, rear paw that seemed to cause him offense. He had been walking through the main room in my domicile, when he suddenly stopped and contorted himself in order to bite his paw. When he did so, he cried out at the sting caused by his teeth, and then he continued on as if nothing had happened.

At first, I thought these random episodes of self-directed violence might be the result of an infestation of biting or stinging parasites. However, I examined him thoroughly while he was napping after the tail attack, and I see no evidence of any such creatures. What's more, my hominid-servant is rather militant about ensuring that both he and I are kept current on our parasite preventative drops.

As of now, I have no satisfactory explanation for such bizarre behavior. It is concerning because I have grown used to having the small beast around, and I would not like it if he were to truly harm himself. Besides which, his physiology is similar enough to that of the body I occupy for this assignment that it is quite possible I would be susceptible to any pathogens that might be causing his derangement. Be assured, I will continue my observations and report back with any new findings.


Oh, my! Felid derangement! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment