Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

#Strange Goings On...


Hey Everyone! :-)

I thought I'd give you another little peek at what I've been working on. I hope you like it!:-)

Excerpt from WIP:
Just as I started to head back to the house, the underbrush around me lit up with a strange white glow. And, boy, let me tell ya, I didn't know what the heck to think about that. At first, I wondered if it had anything to do with those fracking boys who'd come around asking about running a pipeline under my property. They'd told me they'd get the government to take my land if I didn't agree.

Boy, let me tell ya, I sent them boys packing right quick with a couple blasts from my twelve-gauge. No one threatens me on my property. Eminent domain, my sweet fanny. My people've been defending this land from all comers for near on 200 years, ain't no one gonna tell me what will or won't be dug up under the ground now; no matter how many fancy lawyers they've got. They can take my home over my cold, dead body.

But I have to say, when I saw that strange glowing, I thought maybe they'd somehow gone and put their pipeline in without me noticing. Couldn't figure out how the heck they'd do something like that, though. Then, I thought maybe they had set up some kind of movie special-effects stuff to try to scare me off. Thing is, Alyce Walker don't scare easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment