Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, September 12, 2016

Where Do #Titles Come From?



Hey Everyone!! :-)

It's September already, can you believe it? I can't. This year has been going by so fast it's making my head spin. I don't know about you, but when September rolls around I always consider it Fall. I know it isn't yet, technically, but I'm ready for the leaves to change and for the weather to get cooler. Fall is my favorite season and I always try to celebrate it.  Two years ago, in September, I published my first novel, Taken By The Huntsman, to celebrate the arrival of Fall. Taken By The Huntsman is the only book I've published so far that I haven't had to struggle to find a title for.  Below is one of several passages that made the title so easy to think of. If you've read the book, you know that "taken" has several different meanings in the context of the story, but here's the one that I think is the most fun. ;-)

Excerpt from Taken By The Huntsman:
“Have you ever been dominated in bed?”

She gasped in pleasure as his thigh found just the right spot. “Oh my god! I can’t think! What do you mean?”

“Have you ever allowed a lover to dictate to you in bed?”

“You mean obey orders?”

“Yes, or at least cooperate with direction.”

“No, I haven’t done that.”

“Will you allow me to do that tonight?” He traced his free hand over the front of her body, making leisurely circles around her breasts with his fingers.

She arched into his hand. “That’s not fair!" she gasped. "I don’t know what you mean. Oh my god, stop tormenting me and tell me what you want!”

Cadeyrn dipped down to taste her lips. “This is what I want. I want to hold you down and have my way with you. I want you to struggle if you wish, but I want you allow me to have this control. If you truly want me to stop for any reason, if something frightens you or it becomes too much or you are in pain, say the word ‘stad,’ and I will immediately stop. Otherwise, you may struggle and beg as you choose, but I will do as I please. Will you allow this? Do you agree?”

Cassie looked up at the male above her. She was so turned on she could barely breathe. Her thoughts were slow, but she knew he wanted her to give up all control to him. Looking at him, she knew absolutely that she could trust him. If she wanted him to stop, he would stop. If she really wanted him to let her go, he would. She knew that was true without question.

But she didn’t want him to stop. And she didn’t want him to let her go.



No comments:

Post a Comment