Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 312


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Three-Hundred-Twelve:
In an attempt to compromise with my hominid-servant, I have decided to attempt to complete at least some of my studies by observing the outside world through the clear, glass portals in walls of my domicile. I thought this would please her since she reacted so dramatically to the one research excursion I have so far been able to make. But she does not seem to be pleased.

Oh, she is quite happy for me to sit on the ledges of the glass portals, and she has not made any attempt to disrupt my concentration or interfere with my recordings. But the ledges are quite narrow and it's not comfortable to spend excessive amounts of time sitting on them. She has placed horizontal platforms of appropriate height near enough to several of the glass portals for them to make convenient observation posts, but she becomes incensed when I clear these platforms to make room for myself and my instruments.

I know that she cannot see my instruments, as I always keep them cloaked as per protocol, but I still do not consider the severity of her reaction to be reasonable. On several occasions, she has even gone so far as to shove me off the platforms, which causes unacceptable disruptions to my observations, and to scold me for displacing the objects that should not have been obstructing my platforms to begin with! Truly, hominid behavior can be utterly impossible to understand.


Poor Agent Thoth, having to deal with those dense hominids! ;-)  Now that you've all gotten to know him a bit, I was wondering what your opinions might be as to how he looks?  Is he long-haired? Short-haired? Somewhere in the middle?  Is he a particular breed of kitty or is he a moggy?  What color is he?  I'll be putting up polls on the side of this blog to pick various aspects of his appearance and I hope you'll all weigh in. Once we've got the particulars settled, I look for a picture to match. :-)

To vote in a poll, either vote directly or comment with your vote on any Agent Thoth post with your choice of the trait being voted on at that time. :-)  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment