Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 265


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth has some thoughts to share about the odd customs and social mores of the hominids, today. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Two-Hundred-Sixty-Five:
It has come to my attention that, on occasion, some of the arthropods I found so fascinating in the environment surrounding my domicile make their way inside. The different environment does nothing to diminish their flavor and, when I find them, they make a tasty treat. I attempted to share this discovery with my hominid-servant in an effort to persuade her to be more generous with her own food. But my gift was not greeted with the gratitude it deserved.

Though I have observed my hominid-servant consume arthropods from time to time, apparently hominids are quite selective as to the type of arthropod they consider worthy of consumption. This pickiness seems to be completely arbitrary, as my instruments indicate the arthropod I presented to my hominid-servant would be just as compatible with her digestive system as the ones she eats. However, given the violence of her reaction, I have to assume there are some very strong cultural taboos involved.

Those wacky hominids, huh?;-)  Now that you've all gotten to know him a bit, I was wondering what your opinions might be as to how he looks?  Is he long-haired? Short-haired? Somewhere in the middle?  Is he a particular breed of kitty or is he a moggy?  What color is he?  I'll be putting up polls on the side of this blog to pick various aspects of his appearance and I hope you'll all weigh in. Once we've got the particulars settled, I look for a picture to match. :-)

To vote in a poll, either vote directly or comment with your vote on any Agent Thoth post with your choice of the trait being voted on at that time. :-)  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment