Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 144


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth is back today and he has a few more thoughts to share about life with the hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Hundred-Forty-Four:
She drugged me! As I said, I knew my hominid-servant was displeased with my research excursion, but I never expected her to stoop so low as to purposely impair my faculties with psychotropic substances! Do hominids know no limits?

After she applied the chemical-scented fluid, my hominid-servant then spread some dried herbs on the floor near me. As you might imagine, I was rather preoccupied with trying to remove the liquid that was polluting my person, so at first I ignored the drug she was tempting me with. But then I caught the scent of it, even over the substance on my back, and it was intoxicating!

I couldn't help myself! I was drawn to the herbs on the floor and felt an overwhelming urge to rub myself against them and get the particles all through my fur. Once the smell of the herbs permeated every corner of my consciousness, I was moved to taste them. Normally, I would never consider ingesting pieces of dried plant-matter, but as I said the scent of these herbs is intoxicating!

It wasn't long before the drug took complete control of my psyche and I lost all sense of decorum. It's clear that this is what my hominid-servant intended because I have a clear memory of her sitting nearby laughing at me as I helplessly wallowed on the floor in the midst of the treacherous herbs. This is in spite of the fact that I have very little memory of anything else that happened once I was fully immersed in the influence of the drug.

I do know that a heavy blanket of exhaustion came over me, and I was forced to indulge in a much longer and deeper nap than is normal for me. Fortunately, when I woke up my mind had cleared and I was only left with an urgent hunger. My hominid-servant must have known that the drug would affect me this way, as she had left a fresh bowl full of food-pellets out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment