Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Good #Friend Is A #Treasure


Hey Everyone!!! :-)

I've got another snippet from my work in progress to share with you today! :-)  It looks like Petri is feeling a bit down, good thing Chessie is around to cheer her up. Do you have any friends you rely on to make you laugh when you're not feeling well? I do and I treasure them. Honestly, having the privilege of knowing awesome people like that are a big part of what makes life worth living. :-)

Excerpt from book two in the Petri Dish Chronicles:
After cleaning up, Petri emerged from the refresher unit to find Chessie waiting for her. Scowling, she asked, "Are you going to lecture me?"

"No, hun." Chessie grimaced. "I think you've had enough of that for now."

"At least one of you does."

"We're not your enemy, hun."

After slipping into the shapeless ship's coverall that she usually wore on board the Ruba, Petri hugged her friend. "I know you aren't. I'm not so sure about him."

"Come on," Chessie chided. "You know better. If he wanted to hurt us, he could easily have done so. You two are just too much alike. You clash."

Rolling her eyes, Petri said, "Whatever. Is Sadaka up yet?"

"I was going to check on her next. Daji said we'll be lifting off soon, and she likes to watch liftoffs from the lounge window. I wanted to make sure she was awake to see it."

"I'll take care of it, and I'll make sure she gets her breakfast. Why don't you go up front and see if Captain Grumpy needs any help."

"Alright." She kissed Petri's cheek. "But he's not the only one who's grumpy around here."

Snorting, Petri just shook her head.

Squeezing Petri's hand, Chessie moved towards the door and then stopped. Turning back, she asked, "By the way, were you able to feed enough? How's your energy level?"

"I was. I should be okay for a day or two, why?"

"I was just wondering if it would be okay for me to steal Daji from you tonight."

Grinning, Petri gave her friend an arch look. "Had fun, did you?"

Chessie grinned back. "Lots."

Petri laughed, "He's all yours."

"Good! Maybe it will give the two of you a chance to cool off, too." Chessie winked at Petri as she left the room.

Chuckling, Petri shook her head. She didn't know what she'd do without Chessie. Her friend could always cheer her up when she was upset; the woman was a lifesaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment