Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2016

#Cover #Wars! ;-)





















Hey Everyone!! :-)

Want to help me answer a question? :-)  As you may know by now, I have a free book out.  I've collected together all those blog posts about pet care and animal rescue and created my Animal Rescuer's Guide To Staying (Relatively) Sane.  I'll list the links where you can find this free book below, but my question is about the cover.

At the moment, I'm using the cover on the left.  I created the cover myself using pictures that I took myself of some of the kitties who have wandered through my life over the years.  Now, I have no talent when it comes to graphic design, and my skills as a photographer are debatable at best, but I thought it would give this "manual" a personal touch to use pictures that are connected with the animal rescue that I do.  However, a friend of mine, who has far more artistic talent than I do, put together the cover on the right for me.  And I'm not sure which one to use.

Obviously, the cover on the right is much, much more polished and professional looking than the cover I made.  But the one thing it lacks is the connection to my rescue efforts that the cover on the left has.  So, since I can't decide, I'd like your opinions. :-)  Which cover do you think I should use?

Cover Number One:



Or Cover Number Two:


Please leave a comment below with the cover number that you'd choose.  I really appreciate your help with this! :-)

Where can you get a copy of the Animal Rescuer's Guide To Staying (Relatively) Sane?  Why, from any of these retailers! ;-)








2 comments:

  1. I prefer cover #1. I like that there is a lot cats, and knowing they were yours, makes all the more special and real. Let the people know that, and let them have names. Great work. I've been following you for a while. (jozywails@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Misty! I agree, that's what makes it special to me, but I thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone else felt the same. And thank you so much for following!!! I really appreciate it, and I'll try to continue to bring you interesting content! <3

      Delete