Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, February 19, 2016

#Interview With Sadie Grubor!


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Today Sadie Grubor is joining us to talk about her Falling Stars series.  Sadie, can you please tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

Sadie:  Hello there! Foul mouthed, trashy, book nerd, Sadie Grubor here. I embrace my inappropriate and immature side, and it often finds its way into my books. I'm currently working on my next full length book in The Falling Stars Series, with some ideas for future books to come as well.  I mostly write contemporary romance. I have a trilogy & outtake novella. Three full length standalone romances, two full length books and two novellas in my rock star series. I also have one Y/A Dystopian book published.

Me:  Ha! Inappropriate and immature?  Sounds like fun to me! :-)  What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Sadie:  Stellar Collision is my most recent release. This is a novella for The Falling Stars series and it was truly written for the fans of the series. They had been asking (some demanding) this story, so I sat down and fleshed it out.  Okay, so maybe part of it was for me too.  I enjoy going back and bringing all the characters together again.

Me:  HA! Well, fans that are that into your work definitely need to be satisfied. ;-)  What are you working on now?

Sadie:  My next release – titled SNARE - will be this March and it is the next full length book in The Falling Stars Series.

Me:  Cool! :-)  What authors, or books, have influenced you?

Sadie:  I'm a huge Kristen Ashley, Penny Reid, TM Frazier, and Penelope Douglas fangirl. I adore these women – all for different reasons. I truly believe that just reading their books inspires me to keep writing mine.

Me:  Yes, I think most writers are readers too. :-)  What are you reading now?

Sadie:  I'm writing more than reading at the moment, but Club Whore and Big Rock are waiting impatiently in my Kindle. I've also been tempted to one-click Reign.

Me:  Sounds like fun! :-)  For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Sadie:  Expect some slow burn love, immature humor, and way inappropriate characters. I like to laugh. I enjoy sexy times. I prefer my characters don't fall into insta-love, well at least not in every book I write. My rock stars have filthy mouths and are completely inappropriate (especially the girls/women), my 'upper class' characters know how to keep it dirty, and my heroine's often go one of two ways – you like them or you don't like them.  Basically, don't take it all too serious and just enjoy the ride with my characters.

Me:  Sounds like you have fun with your characters. ;-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?

Sadie:  Is it wrong to say the ARCs I get from other authors? Probably is huh? Okay… forget I said that.   I've met amazing people – readers, bloggers, authors, event coordinators, etc. Each one of those people make this author journey a ton of fun, emotional, and fulfilling.

Me:  I agree, the writing community is awesome! :-)  Do you have a day job as well?

Sadie:  Ugh…. (Yes, I'm slouching down in my chair as I type that too) The dreaded day job. While I'm grateful to have a job and a steady income, the dream of writing full time lives on. No matter the probability is that I will always work a day job along with this author gig.

Me:  I hear you.  Here's to big dreams! ;-)  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Sadie:  Easiest – Ideas. For me, there are limitless ideas and inspiration.  Hardest – Ideas. Good God, just because I get them doesn't mean they are all good. Plus, they come when I'm trying to sleep, focus on a day job project, writing a different story… You see where I'm going. It's so hard to keep focused sometimes that I surrender and write short outlines for stories that will probably never come to fruition. And honestly, some of them probably should stay in the notebook buried beneath post it notes.

Me:  Ha! The writer's dilemma. ;-)  What genre do you place your book in?

Sadie:  My current focus is the rockers.  So, I'd put them in steamy hot contemporary rock star romance.  My boys like to get naked.

Me:  And don't we all appreciate the gentlemen who are comfortable with their bodies. ;-)  Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Sadie:  Just THANK YOU.  Without all of you, Sadie would just be my family's nickname for me and Grubor would still be my husband's last name that I didn't take when we got married.  J  (He's still mine! So back off Mr. Grubor!) J

Me:   HA! Are there any links you'd like me to post?

Sadie: I encourage stalking. So, Stalk me. Stalk me real hard.
www.sadiegrubor.com
www.booknerdrevelation.com
www.facebook.com/AuthorSadieGrubor
www.facebook.com/SadieGrubor
www.twitter.com/sadiegrubor
www.pinterest.com/sadiegrubor
www.goodreads.com/author/show/6470181.Sadie_Grubor

Me:  Awesome! Thank you so much for stopping by today, Sadie.  And Thank you everyone else who joined us! :-)  Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the next installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment