Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#What's #Next?


Hey Everyone!! :-)

As I promised, I'll be telling you a little about what, besides the revisions to Taken By The Huntsman, will be keeping me from writing the next book in the Spellbound Hearts series right away.  But first, I'll keep my promise from yesterday and give you a hint about the next Spellbound Hearts book.  Actually, it's two hints.  First, there will be a dragon in the next book.  And second, you've already met him!  Albeit, briefly.

Is your interest piqued? Mine is! And I feel your pain over the delay, but I hope you'll be as excited over my next project as I am! :-)  It will be a little different, but I think it will still be pretty awesome. ;-)

So, what is it?  A new series, of course! :-)  Unlike the Spellbound Hearts series, the new series will not be romance.  It will also not be a fantasy series.  So, what will it be?  Good question!  It will be a Cyberpunk series, and so far I have two books planned.  But that's subject to change.  At the moment, I'm using the the working title Petri's Story for the series, but I'm sure that will change before the books are published.  I don't have ideas for the titles of the individual books yet.

Who is Petri, you ask? Well, Petri is a pretty interesting character, if I do say so myself, who has been keeping me up at night for months now. She's very anxious to have her story told!  I don't want to say too much about her yet, but I will tell you she is a human/alien hybrid with a rather unique history.  Petri also has some really cool friends, and together they manage to escape some pretty scary situations.  Sound exciting?  Good!

There's a lot more to tell, but I'll be a tease and leave it there for now.  One thing I will promise, once I have the rough draft of the first chapter, I'll post it on my blog so you can at least see how the story starts.  Hopefully, that will help you forgive me for the delay in the next Spellbound Hearts book.

Luv you all, and please check back tomorrow for the next installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings!! After all, you never know what secrets I may reveal... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment