Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

#Interview With Elisabeth Joye!! :-)


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Elisabeth Joye is joining us today to tell us about her debut erotic romance novel, Invisible Ink! :-)  Elisabeth, can you tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

Elisabeth:  I used to write about Congress. Now, I write about sex. I am a former political journalist and I have wanted to write a romance novel since I was 12. I finally found the inspiration to do it by incorporating my love of concerts and musicians. Invisible Ink is my first self-published novella and it has been in the works since December 2013, when it started as a now-defunct Tumblr blog.  When I'm not writing, I'm a stay-at-home mom to a four-year-old son. I also love fangirling my favorite celebrities and reading true crime obsessively. I live in the Midwest with my husband and family.


Me:  Cool!  What inspired Invisible Ink?

Elisabeth:  Invisible Ink is my novella (36,000 words). It's a fast, sexy read and was inspired by my life-long love of music and concerts. One day I attended a meet and greet with my favorite band and started imagining a fantasy around it. I decided to write it down and couldn't stop the story after that.

Me:  Ha! I think many authors have experienced something similar when it comes to our writing. ;-) What are you working on now?

Elizabeth:  I'm mostly just working on getting my name out there with this first book and then we shall see what happens. I have a lot of other ideas and some word documents just sitting on my computer with four sentences in them.

Me:  Best of luck with the marketing! :-) For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Elisabeth:  I try to write what I think is hot and I just hope others will, too.  My book is structured a little bit differently than other erotic romance, and it has a LOT of sex. My rule is that if it doesn't turn me on, it doesn't make it into the book. I also try to make the relationships in the book real, which means there is some cheating and some of the things the characters do aren't "perfect." The story is a bit dark.

Me: Dark and steamy, sounds great! ;-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?



Elisabeth:  Living out a fantasy life through writing and connecting with people who enjoy my stuff.

Me:  Yes, imaginary friends are fun to hang with! :-)   Do you have a day job as well?

Elisabeth:  I'm a mom to a wonderful little boy.

Me: Congratulations!  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Elisabeth:  The hardest part so far is the self-promotion work and, of course, getting rejected by publishers. The easiest part is actually writing the scenes. That's the fun part.

Me:  I think most authors would agree with you. ;-)  What genre do you place your book in?

Elisabeth:  Erotic Romance.

Me:  Great!  Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Elisabeth:  If you like other rock star romances, please read my novella! It will take you no time at all and you will love it.

Me:  Sounds fun!  Are there any links you'd like me to post?

Elisabeth:
Pre-order link: http://myBook.to/invisibleink
Web site: http://www.elisabethjoye.com
Twitter: @elisabethjoye
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/elisabethjoyeauthor
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elisabethjoye
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/elisabethjoye


Me:  Teriffic! :-)  Thank you so much for joining us here today, Elisabeth!  Everyone else, thank you so much for stopping to hear about Invisible Ink and don't forget to check back tomorrow for another installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment