Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1141


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eleven-Hundred-Forty-One:
My previous report left off with the juvenile felid preparing to commence a campaign to coerce my hominid-servant to complete her cleaning ritual prematurely, so that he would be able to reclaim the space beneath her sleeping platform for his bauble collection. As I stated, he was most distressed by the disturbance to his cache and, once he had gathered the baubles from the far-flung reaches of my domicile, where my hominid-servant had strewn them, he turned his attention to encouraging my hominid-servant to hurry.

Towards that end, the little idiot vocalized at the highest decibel level his vocal cords were capable of producing. When that failed to elicit a response, he changed tactics to knocking breakable objects off the horizontal platforms my hominid-servant has scattered throughout my domicile. Unfortunately for him, my hominid-servant was no more receptive to having her behavior modified by this strategy by my young companion than she was when I attempted to use it.

As soon as the first crashing sounds reached her, my hominid-servant rushed to locate their source. She found a very perturbed small felid, who did not quite realize the storm of fury he had unleashed. She reached for him, and he deployed his version of the C.L.A.W.S. This turned out to be a mistake.

My hominid-servant let out a howl of such volume that I thought my ears might bleed, even though objectively the damage done to her epidermis was quite minor. As foolish as his choice to escalate the situation might have been, my youthful compatriot really didn’t do much more than give my hominid-servant a warning. However, she showed no discernable appreciation for his restraint, instead tossing a panel of textile over the diminutive nuisance and using it to scoop him up and transfer him to the punishment box.

It was not until after my hominid-servant cleaned up the broken objects and completed her cleaning ritual that she released the tiny moron from the box. Unfortunately, my idiotic protégé does not have my sense of dignity, so he cried and hollered the entire time he was in the box. It was most annoying.

However, the two of them seem to have since reconciled, and the baubles are once again stored beneath my hominid-servant’s sleeping platform, so one can hope that peace will now resume. At least, until the next iteration of the cleaning ritual. Unfortunately, none of this provided any useful strategies for modifying my hominid-servant’s behavior. But, I suppose, I do have more insight into what not to do, and that is valuable information as well. It seems I must be satisfied with small progress.


Hominids! Can't live with them; can't open doors or cans without them. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment