Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 972


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Seventy-Two:
With her customary, but seemingly unconscious, contrariness, my hominid-servant has refused to converse further on the subject of anthropogenic climate change. Since she remains unable to comprehend intelligent speech, I have been reduced to attempting to bring up the topic through the use of gestures and body language. It seems I have been less than successful in this endeavor, unless she is being deliberately obtuse. But I do not believe that to be the case. I believe she truly has no idea what I have been attempting to communicate.

I base this belief on the fact that she has repeatedly referred to my frantic displays as “the kitty crazies” and threatened to confine me to the box she uses for punishment. I admit the threat has been effective from her perspective, as it has caused me to force myself to regain my composure each time. I am uncertain why she finds my attempts to communicate to be so problematic, but having her not only misconstrue my intentions, but go so far as to use intimidation tactics to derail my efforts is frustrating in the extreme. I will continue to try to achieve communication with regards to this issue, as I believe it may be a cornerstone to completing my mission. However, I cannot at this time claim any optimism towards the subject.


Drat! Foiled again. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




2 comments: