Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 856


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eight-Hundred-Fifty-Six:
The local weather where my post is located is beginning to cool down, again, as the axial tilt of this planet has resulted in an increase in the distance between this portion of the planet and its closest star at this point in the planet's revolution around that star. As a result, the juvenile felid has become increasingly determined to position himself on top of my hominid-servant as often as possible. This is a rare display of logic on his part, as my hominid-servant's body radiates a startling amount of waste heat. I believe this is due to the lack of fur on most of her body, which would trap the heat. Unfortunately, this is one of many ways in which hominids are inferior to civilized species.

For her part, my hominid-servant doesn't seem to mind the small pest's company, despite its persistence. Sharing space on my hominid-servant's lap decreases the efficiency of my ability to monitor her vital signs, however, I must admit there is a certain contentment to be found in snuggling up with the other residents of my domicile to share warmth and companionship. Even the canid participates in these group cuddles when my hominid-servant reclines on her sleeping platform. And, I'm surprised to say, under those circumstances, his presence isn't nearly as objectionable as it is most of the time. Or, perhaps, I have spent too much time among the hominids and have experienced a reduction in my intelligence as a result.


Awww... I guess hominids are good for something, after all. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment