Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 682


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Eighty-Two:
Today, the juvenile felid discovered the dangers of venturing outside my domicile at this point in this planet's revolution around its star. My hominid-servant tends to limit her exposure to the elements when the temperature drops, so his opportunities for escape were limited. Still, he persisted and his patience was rewarded…in a manner of speaking.

My hominid-servant opened the door to my domicile because someone had left a cardboard container outside. As a side note, these containers seem to appear at random intervals, however I have not determined either their origin or their purpose, which is a line of inquiry I will pursue at a later date. When she stooped to retrieve the package, the small pest took his chance and squeezed past her to escape into the world beyond.

His victory was short-lived, however, as the moment he passed beyond the threshold of my domicile, he found himself over his head in the frozen precipitation that had accumulated on the ground outside. Since I have personally experienced such a surprise I can empathize with how disagreeable he found the situation.

Fortunately for the tiny beast, my hominid-servant took pity on him and retrieved him from his chilly predicament. She brought him back inside my domicile and wrapped him in one of her textile panels until his body temperature returned to the acceptable range. Thus far, he does not seem to have suffered any serious aftereffects because he has spent the last several hours interfering with every observational study I have attempted to initiate. Which is par for the course for the teensy terror.


"Oh, the weather outside is frightful..." ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment