Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 601


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-One:
I began my experiment in hominid behavior modification techniques a couple of days ago, and so far I can only report what does not work. My first attempt involved extreme measures to focus my hominid-servant's attention on me. I inserted myself between her and the electronic device she was focused on, but she just shooed me away and then physically picked me up and put me on the floor.

Since it was clear she was not amenable to responding to direct requests for attention, I proceeded with the next stage in my experiment. I jumped onto the horizontal platforms she has made it clear she does not wish me to perch on and knocked off many of the items she had placed on the platforms, breaking some of them in the process. While this method did succeed in focusing her attention on me, it was not in a way that could be considered productive.

When the first of the items she had placed on a platform hit the floor and shattered, she jumped up from her chair with an expression on her face that I have come to understand represents extreme emotional perturbation. She came towards me, but her movements were stiff and jerky. It has been my experience that allowing her to lay her hands on me when she is in such frame of mind rarely works out well for me, so I ran.

Unfortunately, it is hard to evade a determined hominid in a restricted environment, such as my domicile, and it wasn't long before she cornered me. I am fond of my hominid-servant and don't wish to harm her. Besides which, she has never truly injured me, no matter how wild her emotional response, so I resisted deploying the C.L.A.W.S. and instead registered my objection verbally. It was to no avail, however, as I soon found myself contained within the box she uses to express extreme displeasure with my actions.

Obviously, she did release me from the box, after she had cleaned up the broken pieces of the items I had displaced from the platforms, but she remained cool in her treatment of me for an extended period of time. I can only conclude that this is not an effective means for modifying her behavior. I will continue to test other behavioral modification techniques and report back on my findings.


Those crazy hominids, so unreasonable! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment