Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, July 23, 2015

#ShortStory #Update & #Excerpt!! :-)
















Hey Everyone!!!! :-)

The first draft of my work-in-progress is done!!!!!! *happy dance*  Hopefully it won't take too long to edit it, and I'll be able to make it available to you all in the next two to three weeks.  But no promises. ;-)  Anyway, stay tuned for the cover and title reveal, and don't forget to check out the little peek I've posted below!!!  Thanks for checking in! :-)


Excerpt:
Frustrated at her terrible luck, Ciane considered whether to leave the path and try to find an alternate route through the forest, or to confront the two Fae who waited for her. Just as she decided that she couldn't risk an altercation with two foes who might be forewarned about her power, their sudden silence alerted her to the fact that they were aware of her presence. It was all she could do to maintain her silence and keep from making her exact position known by screaming out curses.

Deciding to use what little surprise she might have left, Ciane pinpointed her two opponents and drifted closer. It was clear that, while they knew she was close, they hadn't yet determined her precise location. As she studied the situation, the Pixie decided to make Jillian her initial target. The Sidhe was larger, and so it would be easier to grab hold of her in the darkness.


Wondering who Jillian is?  Check out her history in Taken By The Huntsman and Bound By The Summer Prince here:
Taken By The Huntsman On Amazon

Did you miss the other excerpts from this soon-to-be-released story?  Check them out here:
A Sinful Sundays Excerpt

2 comments:

  1. I have never read your works but you seem to have an interest in fae what made u decide to write about the mythical fae? Are there any other mythical works being derived in the near future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pernella!! Thank you for your question! :-) I got the idea for my first book, Taken By The Huntsman, from a dream. I had a debate with an online friend about the nature of consent at a time I was researching European mythology (because I'm a nerd ;-) ). Somehow the two topics got tangled up in my brain while I slept, and a novel was born. ;-) The rest of the series came to me as I was writing the first book. So far I have five novels planned, and several short stories/novellas of which this is the first. After I write the third novel in this series, I think I'll start working on the first novel in a cyberpunk series I have ideas for. That series will be more sci-fi than fantasy, but I also have an idea for an urban fantasy series. I'm not sure when I'll get to write that. :-)

      Delete