Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, June 8, 2015

#RRBC's #SPOTLIGHT #Author #BlogTour!! SPOTLIGHT Author, Tara Fairfield!





















Ka Moho Alii-Ruler of Sharks

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What motivates you?

I was born to rule the sea. As a prince of the undersea world of Moku-ola I have powerful gifts, including the ability to control sharks. They are my closest friends and allies. The time will come when a crown sits on my head causing everyone in Moku-ola to recognize my power. Tessa, our recently crowned queen, will choose me as her king, or suffer the consequences, and if my brother interferes, he will find out once and for all the true extent of my abilities. I live to fulfill my destiny.

Who are your heroes?

No greater predators exist than my sharks and the greatest of them all is Nikko, my closest friend. Strong, ruthless, dominant, he exudes the qualities of a triumphant hero and has earned my admiration.

What is your favorite food?

Squid, it’s speed make it a worthy prey. Hunting squid in the ocean depths really works up an appetite.

How old are you?

A ruler is timeless and never reveals his true age.

What is your greatest strength?

My control over all sharks living in the ocean will always be my greatest strength. Every shark is bound to serve and follow my commands. They share my desires, goals and emotions, as if we are of one mind. They are my true family. What greater strength could a king have than the most ruthless predators in the ocean at his command?

Do you have a weakness?

No. Why would you even ask me such a thing? Do you doubt my power?

No, Sorry. It’s just that most people have vulnerabilities, you know, an area not quite as strong.

Not me.

What is your favorite thing about living under the sea?

….When I’m deep, riding the back of my shark, pursuing prey, rocketing through currents, the rush of water against my face…..ahhhh…..nothing can compare to such a thrill. The wild ocean stirs my soul, like the call of a child for it’s mother, I cannot resist the deep wilderness of the sea.

Any message you’d like to give to those of us living on the surface?

Huh? I care nothing for what happens above the surface. I didn’t realize you were a surface dweller….this interview is over.

Author Bio:
Dr. Fairfield is a licensed psychologist with her doctorate from Northern Arizona University. With twenty-five years of professional experience and after raising three children, Tara finally realized her dream of writing a novel.
When Tara’s not writing you’ll find her playing on the ocean in her kayak or just hanging out with her family in the Pacific Northwest.

MAKAI QUEEN
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Makai-Queen-Tara-Fairfield-ebook/dp/B00B7PM3HA/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1432955068

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/makai-queen-tara-fairfield/1110606035?ean=9781937756703

MAKAI KING
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Makai-King-Book-2-ebook/dp/B00N7407W2/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1432943117

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/makai-king-tara-fairfield/1120256263?ean=9781939989123

WHEN MY LION CALLS
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/When-Lion-Calls-River-Truth-ebook/dp/B00T7SJN4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432954950&sr=8-1&keywords=When+My+Lion+calls

Find Tara online:
Twitter: @makaiqueen

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tara-Fairfield/293728984155377

Website: http://tarafairfield.com/index.html



22 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I enjoyed the character interview you posted today, as it illuminated some key characteristics of this prince. Well done! Thanks for hosting, Mistral Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, John, thank you for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks John, I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
    3. Thanks John, I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
  3. He certainly is an arrogant character. Makes me want to find out what his true weakness it. Great, funny interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy character interviews. Thanks for hosting, Mistral Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the interview with Ka Moho. I'm with him on the squid. Nice post, Tara. Thanks for hosting Mistral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how sharks (and their kings apparently) are soooo single-minded! lol Nice to get to know one of your characters a little Tara :-D
    Thanks for having us over Mistral :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jan, thanks for peeking in! :-)

      Delete
  8. I can see that your tour is going on really well. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete