Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Saturday, March 2, 2019

So...What Happened?


Hey Everyone!!

Today's post is just a quick update about what's going on with Answers From Alyce and why it's taking so long for me to publish. The short answer? I fucked up. The longer answer is that I had just finished the edits (literally an hour earlier) and was getting ready to send it back to my editor for a final proof-reading when my computer shit the bed and I lost all my edits.

I took my computer to some computer experts to try to recover my data, but it turned out my hard drive was corrupted and nothing was recoverable. I had thought I had been backing up to a cloud account, my computer was set up to log into the account and update on startup, but it apparently stopped doing that in December. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until after the crash, so I lost everything since mid-December. Which, as I said, translates into all of my editing on Answers From Alyce. Though, fortunately, I did still have the unedited file.

So what does this woeful tale mean? It means I've had to start over from the beginning with editing, which has put me even farther behind than I already was. I don't know what to tell you all about that except I'm sorry. I'll redo the edits as quickly as I can and get it formatted, uploaded, and published ASAP. Hopefully, fingers crossed, that will be before May. I know, I suck, I'm sorry.

At any rate, I hope you all have an awesome weekend. And, if you'll excuse me, I have some editing to do. Peace!








No comments:

Post a Comment