Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, October 18, 2018

#October2018 #IndieBooksBeSeen #Indie #Author #Books #Monthly #BookReview!



Hey Everyone!! :-)

It's the 18th again, so time for my #IndieBooksBeSeen monthly indie author book review!! Enjoy! :-)

Cold Iron by C. A. Sanders:

About a year after the events in The Watchmage of Old New York, a series of fires sweep through Manhattan. Someone is setting these fires, and it's up to Nathaniel and his police detective son, Jonas, to find out who, how, and to stop them before more people die. Will our two intrepid heroes solve this mystery and save countless lives? You'll have to read to find out!

Honestly, I loved, loved, loved this book. Once again, as a transplanted New Yorker, I enjoyed the peek at a city I haven't seen in person in years. I also really enjoyed the way Mr. Sanders incorporated some of the politics of New York from the mid-1800s into his supernatural world. It makes this story almost like a cross between urban fantasy and steampunk, two of my favorite genres.

The plot was also extremely engaging; fast-paced with enough twists to keep you interested. The characters were well developed enough that I almost feel like I might see them the next time I make it to The City, and the descriptions of the places and people were accurate enough to make me homesick. Overall, a wonderful fantasy mystery/adventure that leaves me longing for the next book. Five stars, and please, sir, can I have some more? ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment