Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Irrationally Sane


Hey Everyone!! :-)

I've got a little more of Alyce's adventure to share with you, today! Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from sci-fi satire novel:
"But words have meaning! You can't just decide something means something that it doesn't or that it doesn't mean something that it does. Facts are facts. They exist independently of belief or approval."

I shrugged. "Sure. But just because something is true and you can prove it to an objectively measurable standard, that doesn't mean that another person can't refuse to look at your evidence or believe that it's real."

"But that's insane!"

"No, it's irrational. But, then, I never claimed that human beings are rational creatures, did I?"

"I think what my colleague is trying to say is that it often seems as if your people argue that reality isn't reality."

I nodded. "Yep, they do. And they argue over what constitutes reality, as well."

The big alien gave me an incredulous expression. "How has your species ever managed to accomplish anything?" he exclaimed.

I laughed. "In fits and starts, mostly."

Now Out:
Amazon Kindle: https://amzn.to/2J40wLq
Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/2UODFWv



No comments:

Post a Comment