Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 713


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Seven-Hundred-Thirteen:
Success! Or, at least, a qualified success. Yesterday, I succeeded in evading my hominid-servant's grasp and escaping into the world beyond my domicile. Unfortunately, a large, hostile canid was also present in the area outside my domicile and immediately focused its attention on me!

It's possible I might have warded the creature off by deploying the C.L.A.W.S., but engaging in violent encounters with massive specimens of the local fauna is not in my mission statement. Therefore, given the disparity in our sizes and the beast's unreasonable, aggressive behavior, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, in this instance, and retreated up into the branches of a nearby tree. The canid, needless to say, was unable to follow, though it did persist for an extended amount of time in issuing loud, sharp vocalizations at the base of the tree. I'm not certain what it thought to achieve by this activity, but the animal was clearly deranged, so it's possible that it was an entirely random or spasmodic reaction to my evasive maneuver.

Regardless, my research was not impeded by my strategic withdrawal, but rather focused. Unlike with the dead specimens my hominid-servant periodically brings into my domicile, the living tree that I found myself in was home to entire ecosystems of native life. I could quite easily spend many planetary revolutions studying nothing but the organisms that live within and upon that single tree.

Unfortunately, my hominid-servant was alarmed by the belligerent canid and so demonstrated an unwarranted, though determined, concern for my well-being that caused her to engage in a single-minded campaign to reacquire possession of my person. As I have said in the past, my hominid-servant's tendency to fret over my safety and comfort is gratifying and appreciated, but it is also often inconvenient and annoying. In this case, it was more the latter than the former, as she managed to effectively thwart my intentions by distracting my attention with her histrionics. (to be continued…)


Argh!! Canids and hominids, oh my! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment