Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 701


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Seven-Hundred-One:
My hominid-servant has once again begun her periodic purge of my possessions. As always, I find this frenzy of activity disquieting, not just because it tends to result in random items among my belongings going missing, but because it inevitably causes a disruption to the routine and tranquility of my domicile. Frankly, it's a distraction from my research that I simply find insupportable, though I am not certain what I can do to put a stop to it.

I do not understand my hominid-servant's need to engage in this ritual on a seemingly regular basis, as everything she removes or cleans ends up being replaced or becoming soiled once again. I have attempted, in the past, to dissuade her from her obsession with cleaning and sorting, by pointing out the futility of her efforts. But, alas, my attempts to inflict logic on my hominid-servant have been to no avail. She remains determined to pursue her agenda of cleanliness and order regardless of the facts in evidence.

I will admit that the resulting, if temporary, absence of accumulated dust and detritus in even the most remote and difficult to access corners of my domicile is somewhat pleasing. But, as I said, the state is transient and not worth the disturbance to my existence that it necessitates. However, since all my pleas to that effect have fallen on deaf ears, I will attempt to focus on the positive results rather than the irritating means by which they are achieved.


Hominids can be so unreasonable! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment