Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Computers Have Ears! ;-)


Hey Everyone!! :-)

I'm back with another peek at what Alyce is up to...and a little food for thought. ;-)  Enjoy!

Excerpt from sci-fi satire novel:
"The recording, and the exhibits, are programmed to play in whatever language the closest sentients communicate in. When we entered this room, the station computer noted the language we spoke and responded accordingly."

"So, the computer is always listening?"

He blinked at me. "Of course."

"That's creepy!"

"It's efficient."

I just shuddered.

He looked at me as if I was insane. "Is this an example of your species' resistance to technology."

I glared at him. "No. It's an example of me not wanting my every word and action recorded so that strangers can listen in later."

"Ah." He waved a tentacle at me. "That is not a concern. No recordings are made, and it is only the computer listening."

"How do you know? Someone could be saving recordings of everything you say and not telling you that's what they are doing."

He stared at me. "You truly are paranoid. Why would anyone do such a thing? Besides, even if someone wanted to, they would be subject to severe penalties under galactic law."

"What if it's your government doing the recording?"

"Do you think the government is not subject to the law? Naturally, if anyone in the government abused their power in such a way, they would be held to account."

"Hmmm…maybe." I shrugged. "It's your risk, I guess."

"There is no risk. Are things so different on your planet?"


No comments:

Post a Comment