Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 607


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Seven:
Earlier today, the adolescent felid spent an extended period of time engaging with the canid. I remain unsure of the purpose of this interaction, so I will content myself with simply describing what took place. Though, for the record, I must note that I am beginning to wonder if there is any form of sane intelligence on this planet.

At first, I thought the small pest merely wished to amuse himself by tormenting the canid. He carefully stalked the dumb beast to where it slept on the floor of my hominid-servant's sleeping room, and then watched it from concealment until it was clear that the canid was sound asleep. Once he was certain that his approach had not been noticed, the young irritation leapt onto the sleeping animal's back. For reasons that are still not clear, since there was no threat apparent, the adolescent felid felt the need to deploy the C.L.A.W.S. from all four of his feet.

Understandably, the canid was both startled and perturbed by such an abrupt and violent interruption to his slumber, and in his confusion he rolled over onto his back to dislodge his attacker. The irritating juvenile yowled quite loudly at this, though he must have known it would happen, and sprung from the canid's back onto his chest, slashing at the confused creature's nose and biting his ear. The canid, in turn, flailed his limbs at his small attacker and whimpered pitifully.

Naturally, all this noise drew the attention of my hominid-servant, who is surprisingly protective of her canid companion, and she reacted to this attack on him with extreme displeasure. Once again, she deployed her stream of liquid H2O, this time against the adolescent felid. He displayed astonishment at her actions; though, again, he must have known his behavior would bring retaliation of some sort. And, after directing a look of extreme disgust towards my hominid-servant, he fled to hide under her sleeping platform.

For her part, my hominid-servant turned her attention to the canid and, after assessing his condition and ascertaining he was not seriously injured, called him to accompany her into the room in which she prefers to play with her electronic gadgets. The adolescent felid, on the other paw, remained under my hominid-servant's sleeping platform glaring balefully at the world beyond.

Despite my repeated efforts to coax an explanation from him, the young pest refused to enlighten me as to the motivation behind his behavior. Thus, as I have already stated, I am relegated to merely recording the sequence of events as they occurred. I will continue to observe and report back if tensions between the adolescent felid and the canid continue to escalate.


Oh, my! Attacking felids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment