Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 143


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth is back today and he has a few more thoughts to share about life with the hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Hundred-Forty-Three:
As I mentioned before, my hominid-servant was most unhappy when I left to explore the area outside our shared domicile. When I returned, she was quite vocal in her relief. I was forced to endure a lengthy scolding. She was so distraught that she even thoughtlessly warned me that I will need to be more stealthy if I hope to continue my studies of the outside in the future, as she will be taking additional steps to hinder my ability to complete my mission.

I had thought I understood her language perfectly, but I must be mistaken. She made several references to having me "fixed," but since I'm not broken that really makes no sense. Regardless of the fact that I'm not entirely certain what she was talking about, this "being fixed" sounds unpleasant, so I will need to determine what it means so that I can take the appropriate steps to avoid it.

Once she had run out of verbal protests over my behavior, she proceeded to further punish me by putting a noxious-smelling substance on the back of my neck. She seemed obsessed with the fact that my fur had been colonized by some small, parasitic arthropods, and this liquid was her solution to that problem. As annoying as the bites of those arthropods were, I have to say that the cure was worse…even though it was effective. Which just goes to show that the hominids do demonstrate flashes of intelligence, even though they often behave in ways that utterly defy logic.

To add insult to injury, the spot where she applied the liquid is one of the few places on my body I cannot reach with my tongue to properly clean. That, coupled with the lost opportunity for studying the parasitic arthropods, irritated me to no end. But that wasn't the worst of it! I will expand on the most devious method of punishment she inflicted on me in my next entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment