Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 128


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth succeeded in his escape attempt and would like to tell you about it. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Hundred-Twenty-Eight:
Success!  Two planetary rotations ago, I was able to gain access to the world outside the domicile through the simple expedient of rushing out of the door when my hominid-servant had it open for another reason.  She was not happy.

At first, there was much flailing about and shouting.  I was forced to conceal myself in the nearby foliage until she calmed down and returned to the domicile.  I understand how dependent she has become on my presence but, even so, her reaction was extreme.

Eventually, she must have realized the futility of attempting to keep me from my mission and resigned herself to my temporary absence.  Once I was certain she was not lying in wait to capture me, I emerged to begin my studies. 

This world is rich in biodiversity, so I well understand DIPCIL's interest in its inhabitants. I catalogued all manner of flora and fauna, not all of which is yet in the official database, and my detailed notes on my findings can be found in my formal expedition report.  With a few notable exceptions, most of the creatures I discovered during this excursion posed no threat to me.  I will expand on my observations in my next entry.



2 comments: