Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, October 1, 2015

#Tales of the Fifth #Guardian;Book One:The #Beginning by CM Johnson #Blitz





Tales of the Fifth Guardian; Book One: The Beginning

Tales of the Fifth Guardian is an adult Romantic Fantasy Adventure series with paranormal aspects and is based on the question: What if the descendants of the survivors of the island known as Atlantis lived among us in modern times with all the power and abilities of their ancestors?
The series is recommended for readers 18+ due to mature sexual situations, violence, and dark/trigger scenes.
Book One is priced at 99 cents as an introduction to the series since they need to be read in order and every three full volumes I'm creating "compilation volumes" that are priced at buy two get one free in ebook and print.

Author Interview:

Me:  CM, will you tell us a bit about yourself and how many books you have written?

CM:  My husband and I moved back to Florida in 1995 when he was medically retired from the U.S. Navy. I returned to school in 2003 and completed my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in 2007. I began writing Tales of the Fifth Guardian in 2009 and self-pulishing in 2012. I found the Indie community on Facebook about a year later. I left education in the fall of 2013 to pursue my Master's in Accounting while devoting more time to writing. There are currently eight full length books (averaging 140,000+ words and one short story approx. 43,000 words). There are 12 full length books planned with another 2-3 short stories. I've also developed a language for the series and have created a dictionary.

Me:  That's so cool!! Very ambitious. :-)  What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

CM:  Tales of the Fifth Guardian originally developed from playing superhero games on the playground and then my research into determining how those powers and abilities might manifest in our world. When I found the legends of Atlantis I had the beginning of my answer. Following the history and legends of other cultures lead me to place the more adult and eventually the violence and trigger scenes - The main character is a strong woman so it seemed fitting that the Clans against hers would treat her less than pleasantly.

Me:  Sounds like an interesting story. :-)  What are you working on now?

CM:  Tales of the Fifth Guardian; Book Nine: Tinotchan is well underway.

Me:  Wow! Sounds like you're giving your readers a lot to enjoy. :-)  What authors, or books have influenced you?

CM:  I grew up reading Nancy Drew and then moved into true crime, V.C. Andrews, and traditional romance authors/books. But I've always been one to read almsot anything and more recently read Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and a number of YA series. 

Me:  I love LKH and Charlaine Harris!! :-)  What are you reading now?

CM:  I'm currently re-reading my series as a refresher of some of the finer details.

Me:  Yeah, it's easy to forget the smaller details sometimes. ;-)  For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

CM:  An intricate detail oriented story into a new world with a kick-butt female main character who fights back with swords and power (psychic and elemental abilities). A love that is meant to last for centuries with a male main character who is her equal and her partner. Dark trigger scenes involving rape in a number of the volumes and then consensual scenes with multiple partners in later volumes. Although the darkness never fully goes away and other dark themes are explored.

Me:  I think I may have to read these books! :-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?

CM:  Tales of the Fifth Guardian has been in my mind for a long time - It was my "mind story" when I couldn't sleep or was in an area where I couldn't read and I love sharing that world with my readers.

Me:  Those invisible friends can be great company. :-)  Do you have a day job as well?

CM:  Currently, I am in online classes for my Master's in Accounting but I am also something of a part time caretaker/assistant for my parents.

Me:  Busy, busy, busy! ;-)  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

CM:  Hardest: Finding the time to write without interruption  Easiest: Sometimes the easiest thing to do is to talk about the series.

Me:  Ha! Yeah, I love talking about my stories too. :-)  What genre do you place your book in?

CM:  I generally class it as Romantic Fantasy

Me:  A woman after my own heart. ;-)  Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

CM:  I'm always available to answer questions.

Me:  Wonderful!! And so people can find your amazing stories, are there any links you'd like me to post?

CM:
My Amazon page is: www.amazon.com/author/cmjohnson
My FB page is: www.facebook.com/5thguardian
Twitter handle: @5thguardian
Goodreads is: https://www.goodreads.com/CMJGuardian
I have a website where they can find my buy links and a form (on the contact page) to order/request swag or signed paperbacks: http://cmjguardian.wix.com/5thguardian

Awesome!  Thank you for stopping by today, CM, and thank you everyone else for stopping by.  Don't forget to check in regularly for the next installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment