Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, October 15, 2015

#Interview With Denise Malone! :-)


Hi Everyone!! :-)

Denise Malone is joining us today.  Denise, will you please tell us about yourself and your books? :-)

Denise:  Hi, I'm Denise Malone. I live in Texas with my husband, kids, a demented Doberman, and a cat that thinks she's a vampire. I write romantic mysteries with a splash of humor and a dash of suspense. I've published 2 full length novels and 1 short story.

Me:  Ha! I have a cat like that. ;-)  What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Denise:  My latest book is Tender Loving Killer, and it's the second book in the Alison Brown mystery series behind The Bo(d)y Next Door.

Me:  Great! :-)  What are you working on now?

Denise:  I'm working on several short stories and a couple of novels, none of which are mysteries. I'm trying to flex my writing muscles in other areas. 

Me:  It's always exciting to try something new. :-)  What authors, or books, have influenced you?

Denise:  I love books that make me laugh. I was in the 4th grade when I decided that I wanted to be Judy Blume when I grew up, so I'd say she was probably my first influence. 

Me:  Gotta love those early reads! :-)    What are you reading now?

Denise:  Right now, I'm reading a biography about Sylvia Plath. I find her rather intriguing at the moment. I'm also reading 1984 and a WIP for a friend. 

Me:  1984 is one of my all-time favorites!  Orwell was amazingly perceptive, it's scary. For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Denise:  I hope that I can make people laugh when they read my books. I try to find humor in everyday situations, and I hope that comes through in my writing.

Me:  Sounds like they are fun reads. :-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?

Denise:  My favorite part about being an author is sharing my daydreams and "imaginary friends" for lack of a better term with other people. 

Me:  Ha! I think most authors enjoy that. :-)  Do you have a day job as well?

Denise:  I do have a day job. I've been a medical transcriptionist for the past 15 years, 13 of which I've worked from home.

Me:  Lucky lady! :-)  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Denise:  The hardest part of being a writer is letting it go. I'm my own worst critic, and I want to keep editing and correcting and polishing my books for eternity, so it's hard to let someone else read it because it's never ready and perfect as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure what the easiest part of being a writer is, but I love every minute I put into writing. 

Me:  Ah, the dilemma of what is good enough.  Let me know if you ever figure it out. ;-)  What genre do you place your books in?

Denise:  I'd say my books are New Adult Romantic Mysteries, which is a mouthful. :) 

Me:  Wonderful!!  And so these fine folks can find you NARMs, are there any links you'd like me to post? ;-)

Denise:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1FCvzHk
B&N: http://bit.ly/1y00JoE
iBooks: http://bit.ly/14TyxGR
Paperback: https://www.createspace.com/4624663

Me:  Thank you so much for stopping by, Denise, and thank you everyone else for checking out this interview.  Don't forget to stay tuned for the next installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment