Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, August 10, 2015

A #Question & A #Contest! :-)

 

Hey Everyone!!! :-)

I'm trying to solve a puzzle, and I hope you can help me!! :-)  The above plant appeared in my yard at the end of last summer, and I would very much like to know what it is! ;-)  In the fall, my landlord chopped it down, so what you see is just what has grown this year.  So it is obviously a fast-growing plant.  Other than that fact, and the fact that it has very large leaves, I don't know anything about it.  I don't know if it's a tree, a bush, a shrub, etc.  In the two years it's been here, there have been no flowers or fruit of any kind.  The leaves look like:



And the stalk looks like:



I live in the SE US, in case that helps.  I've lived on the east coast of the US for most of my life, and I've never seen anything like it before.  None of my neighbors have any idea what it is, either.  So, you see, it's quite a mystery!!!! :-)  The first person to correctly identify what it is, either by emailing me or leaving their suggestion in the comments, will win a prize!! :-)  I won't say what the prize is yet, I'll let that be a mystery too ;-) , but I think you'll like it.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and happy hunting!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment