Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 915


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Fifteen:
My hominid-servant has taken to setting fire to wicks that have been submerged in foul-smelling wax and the wax allowed to harden. The result is that when the wicks burn down low enough to remelt the wax, the scents that have been infused into it are released into the air. Which makes the atmosphere within my domicile nearly unbreathable.

I have attempted to dissuade my hominid-servant from this enterprise both by reasoning with her and by attempting to knock the cylinders of stench from the pedestals she installs them upon. But my entreaties have, once again, fallen on deaf ears. And after one incident during which my domicile was nearly set ablaze, something that I can hardly be held responsible for given the provocation, she has removed her wax cylinders to isolated perches that are impossible for me to reach. But only after much scolding and haranguing for my attempt to snuff the noxious fumes.

At this point, I am reduced to retreating to beneath my hominid-servant's sleeping platform. This locale is remote enough from the lethal towers of wax that the air remains untainted. I am uncertain how long she will persist in this new obsession of hers, but I despair of ever getting any research done if it goes on much longer.


Poor Thoth, he never gets any respect. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment