Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 830


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eight-Hundred-Thirty:
Recently, I have started experimenting with altering the gravitational field immediately around my person when I am lying on my hominid-servant's lap. She has the unfortunate tendency to become restless at the most inopportune times, such as when I have just entered a dream state, which leads her to insist on rising and so displacing me. The aim of my experiment is to alter my weight sufficiently to discourage her from moving me without injuring her in the process. The area affected by my gravitational manipulations is small enough that it should not be noted by anyone other than my hominid-servant.

Unfortunately, hominid physiology is rather fragile, so the amount by which I am able to safely increase my weight has so far been insufficient to achieve my aims. Instead of remaining in a seated position until I am done utilizing her lap, the only effect my experiment has thus far had is to cause my hominid-servant to strain a bit when she shifts my person around and to inform me that I am a "very determined lump." I dare not risk increasing the gravitational force around me much more for fear of damaging my hominid-servant's legs. Therefore, my only recourse is to see if repeated attempts may achieve by persistence what individual attempts have failed to accomplish by surprise or brute force. I will, as always, continue to report on any further developments.


*Sigh* Hominids can be rather stubborn, can't they? ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment