Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1368


Hey Everyone! 😊

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Thirteen-Hundred-Sixty-Eight:
Today, I found out about additional consequences of my recent excursion outside my domicile. My hominid-servant noticed the itchy bump on my nose at the site where the small arthropod extracted my blood, and she became concerned. Apparently, there are parasites within the parasites on this planet! And my hominid-servant was worried that I might have been exposed to one that colonizes the heart of its host, compromising the function of said organ ultimately to the point of fatality for the host. 

Naturally, such an abrupt and gruesome conclusion to my studies on this planet did not appeal to me, so I certainly understand the need to be proactive in diagnosing and treating such an illness. I also appreciate the necessity of extracting a blood sample for testing. As a scientist myself, obviously I recognized the importance of collecting specimens for proper study. 

However, I must say that I did not at all see the need to return me to the frightening medical facility with its sharp, disturbing odors, terrifying cacophony, and catalogue of cruel medical experiments. While it is true that my hominid-servant did not allow me, personally, to be subjected to anything worse than the small prick of a needle used to extract my blood and the application of a foul-smelling, but ultimately beneficial, liquid applied to the back of my neck for the treatment of any potential burgeoning parasitical infestations, I still would have much preferred to avoid the place altogether. 

Though, I must admit, I do appreciate my hominid-servant’s concern for my health. And I am certainly grateful hominids are clever enough to at least devise effective treatments for the pestilence bred on their planet. I do take exception to, once again, being forced to witness just how cruel some hominids can be to their furry companions. Just when I start to believe hominids might, possibly, be on the verge of developing true intelligence, I am forcibly reminded by practices such as "declawing” and "ear and tail docking” how very far hominids are from what I think they may have the potential to become.

Poor Thoth. He may never truly find civilized intelligence on this planet. 😉 You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. 😉 Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment