Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 880


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eight-Hundred-Eighty:
My hominid-servant spent quite a bit of time today playing with her dead tree. First, she replaced the decorations that the juvenile felid destroyed in his effort to evade her retribution for daring to trespass upon her tree. Then, she added to their number quite substantially, to the point where I wasn't certain the weight wouldn't cause some of the smaller branches to break. The dead tree is now a truly dazzling display of blinking, flashing, glittering temptation.

Once my hominid-servant finished adorning the dead tree to her, apparently arbitrary, satisfaction, she then did something that I found truly interesting. She attached the base that the dead tree is set in to keep it upright to a large tray, which she then filled with liquid H2O. I'm uncertain if this new development is meant as an attempt to nourish the dead tree to delay the rate at which it decays, or if it was done in an effort to prevent my young companion's and my own investigations of the dead tree. Or, perhaps, the hope is that it will serve both purposes.

No matter which of those possible motivations my hominid-servant may have had, I fear her efforts will prove to be futile. The tree is dead; there is nothing that can prevent it from succumbing to the inevitability of entropy, now. The time to take action to preserve it would have been before it was severed from its root system. At best, my hominid-servant's actions may slow the rot. But even that much I am dubious of.

And the liquid H2O will certainly not prove to be an effective barrier to exploration. The only thing it will accomplish is to make a careful approach to the branches impossible, as it will now be necessary to leap over the tray. This will likely result in more damage to my hominid-servant's baubles, and of course more outrage from her, but that consideration will certainly not impede necessary research.

Though, I do think the tray will provide an additional convenient source of H2O for the canid, my youthful compatriot, and myself. I doubt such a possibility entered into my hominid-servant's thought process when she undertook to erect the contraption. But, perhaps, she can take some solace in the fact that it will at least serve some useful function.


Hominids can be rather dense, at times, can't they? ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment