Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, December 29, 2017

#Interview With Alexa Whitewolf!




Hey Everyone!! :-)

I've got a new guest to introduce you all to, today. Please, everyone give a warm welcome to Alexa Whitewolf! Alexa, can you, please, tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

Alexa: I was born in Romania (yep, Dracula's country!) in 1992. As a curious kid, I devoured every book I could on Greek, Roman, Ancient Egyptian mythology. I studied university in political science and languages. I speak five of them: French, English, Romanian, Italian, Spanish... It was my fascination with the mythologies and languages that led to a VERY overactive imagination from a young age. As I moved to Canada and headed into school here, life challenges and experiences meant I needed to express myself, and writing became the way. I currently have four books out, two series. The Avalon Chronicles is a retelling of the Arthurian legend, though mine focuses on the obscure character of the Lady of the Lake and her struggles both in the past and present. The Sage's Legacy, book 1 was the first novel I wrote at a young age. I then wrote the second, and pretty much watched them collect dust until I got back into writing in university. It follows the saga of Freya and Brennan, two teenagers with mythical powers and clashing personalities that have to save the world from ghosts.

Me: The Lady of the Lake is one of my favorite figures from the Arthur stories. :-) What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Alexa: The Dragon Manuscript, book 2 of The Sage's Legacy, is the continuation of Freya's story (and struggle). This entire series was slightly inspired by events from my youth. Freya's character is very similar to my own, but she acts tougher in certain situations. My dogs are a constant inspiration for animal companions in the books I write, and Freya's familiar is just one of the results :-)

Me: Animals add a lot to stories, I agree! What are you working on now?

Alexa: The final installments in my two series; Avalon Nightmares and The Relics of the Underworld. This will wrap up The Avalon Chronicles and The Sage's Legacy series , leaving me to move on to other untested landscapes! I've also recently finished a regular romance book, Blood Ties, Love Binds which is due for release at Xmas. You can read more on the series my website, including exclusive peeks and more!
Me: How exciting! I agree, it's fun to try new things. What authors, or books, have influenced you?

Alexa: Growing up, I read Alexandre Dumas and Christian Jacq in my formative years of 8-12yrs old. Then I moved on to JK Rowling, P.C. Cast's "Goddess" series, other YA novels, and eventually to adult thrillers like James Patterson and James Rollins. I have to say the mythology books read when I was young were a great influence on me.

Me: I'm with you, the sci-fi and fantasy genres are my first love, but I still enjoy curing up with Edmond Dantes as he get the revenge he's longed for and finds it as bitter as the emotions that spawned it.What are you reading now?

Alexa: I've really gotten sucked into James Rollins' Sigma series!!! And a brand new novel called Singularity by Eldon Farrell, of which I'm reading an ARC. Epic story, a must for anyone who enjoys a good thriller! Sometimes doing the wrong thing, is the only right thing you can do.

Me: Now, that's the God's honest truth. For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Alexa: That's hard! If you're reading my YA, I'd advise to expect lots of lip from an otherwise feisty teenager but also a story that's more than a YA, a coming of age. These kids have the world on their shoulders and their bratty attitude only hides a warm inside If it's Avalon you're reading, I'd tell you to expect 2-in-1 stories, because it's a reincarnation. Romance and magic galore! In general, you'll find my books have both dark and light in them, but there's always surprises.

Me: Sounds like fun! :-) What is your favorite part of being an author?

Alexa: Being able to share my stories and write at any time. Being an author is the most freeing!

Me: I agree! Do you have a day job as well?

Alexa: I do! I have a love/hate relationship with it. But writing is what makes me happiest.

Me: Well, even writers need to pay the bills. ;-) What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Alexa: Easiest? New ideas for books. Hardest? Editing. Formatting. Marketing. Gah!

Me: I think every indie author ever is right there with you on marketing. ;-) What genre do you place your books in?

Alexa: Fantasy. Fantasy/romance and Fantasy/YA.

Me: Cool! Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Alexa: Yes!!! Please sign up for my mailing list on www.alexawhitewolf.com or by emailing me or follow me on social media. This holiday season I have some surprises coming with free books + an early bird copy of my new werewolf series, Moonlight Rogues!!! If you love your males alpha and your females feisty, you don't want to miss it!

Me: Wonderful! And so these fine folks can find your work, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Alexa:
My book links:
Avalon Dreams (Avalon Chronicles Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JTLWT2W
Avalon Wishes (Avalon Chronicles Book 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0727QR4ZT
The Dragon Medallion (The Sage’s Legacy, Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X6LPWTB
The Dragon Manuscript (The Sage’s Legacy, Book 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X6LPWTB

My author profile links:
https://www.amazon.com/Alexa-Whitewolf/e/B01JZH0HK6/
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/alexaw92
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/660987.Alexa_Whitewolf

My social media links: (follow me)
https://www.facebook.com/alexawhitewolfauthor/
https://twitter.com/alexa_whitewolf
https://www.pinterest.ca/alexawhitewolf/

Other links:
Email: alexa.whitewolf@gmail.com
My blog: https://www.alexawhitewolf.com/blog
My author website: www.alexawhitewolf.com

Me: Perfect! Thank you so much for joining me here, today, Alexa. And thank you to everyone else who dropped by, as well! Don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment