Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 629


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Twenty-Nine:
Today, the level of food in my bowl dropped so low that I was actually able to see the bottom! All my non-violent efforts to draw attention to this travesty were met with scorn or incomprehension, so I resorted to using my teeth! Horribly uncivilized, I know, but how else was I to command my hominid-servant's attention when she seemed so determined to ignore my pleas?

I had no desire to cause actual harm to my hominid-servant, so I nipped her gently on her lower leg just to attract her notice. Unfortunately, I miscalculated slightly on the amount of force needed and pierced a small hole in her epidermis drawing a minor amount of blood. Predictably, her reaction was all out of proportion to the severity of the injury.

In spite of the fact that the wound was miniscule, ceasing to bleed almost as soon as it had begun, my hominid-servant behaved as though I had amputated her limb. She jumped away from me, screeching at the top of her lungs. Naturally, at this point, I determined that discretion was the better part of valor and I attempted to flee, but she chased me and grabbed me by the lose skin at the base of my skull, lifting me into the air.

I must state for the record that being hoisted in such a manner hurt! However, it was the wound to my dignity that was the most painful. To add insult to injury, she shook her finger in my face repeatedly while lecturing me about the unacceptability of my behavior! Then, she stuffed me in the punishment box and stalked away muttering to herself about "bad cats."

Eventually, she did free me from my prison, but by then I had decided that I would treat her with the coldness she deserves until she apologizes. It seems she may have made a similar, though completely unjustified, resolution towards me, which has resulted in us both ignoring the other. And my food bowl has still not been filled!


Hominids are so unreasonable! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment