Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 619


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Nineteen:
Tranquility has finally returned to my domicile, as my hominid-servant's obsession with moving things has finally calmed, once again. Unfortunately, the juvenile felid has decided to take this opportunity to create mayhem of his own. Apparently, no one in the domicile is capable of grasping the importance of my research!

The small irritation has taken to racing through my domicile at random times, running over anyone who happens to be in his path and pouncing on anything that moves. This is most distracting when I am attempting to concentrate on my studies. Especially, since his activities often have the effect of frightening off the subjects I am attempting to observe.

Just this morning, I was recording a fascinating courtship ritual of the small avians that frequent the area immediately outside my domicile. Two of the strange creatures were engaged in a breathtaking display of aerial acrobatics, which culminated in the male of the pair cornering the female in a tree. He seemed determined to initiate copulation, but she steadfastly refused and eventually escaped his attentions.

But just as it appeared the male might renew his pursuit, the tiny pest ran head first into the glass of the portal, causing a loud thwacking noise to echo across the area outside my domicile, and frightening the avians away.

I attempted to reprimand my young companion on showing the proper respect for scientific inquiry, but I'm afraid my words fell on deaf ears. No sooner had he recovered from having stunned himself with the impact of his head against the glass, then he was once again racing through my domicile. I can't help but wonder if other DPCIL agents are forced to work among such philistines.


Does no one respect science anymore? ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment