Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 567


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Sixty-Seven:
I am gratified to note that the infant felid is as baffled as I by my hominid-servant's propensity for starting each day by immersing herself beneath a stream of running water. What attraction such behavior could have for any creature with an ounce of sense of self-preservation is beyond me. And, apparently, the tiny pest shares my confusion.

Today, he spent quite a bit of time observing this ritual and examining the basin in which my hominid-servant performs it, after she had vacated it. He did not seem to reach any conclusions, either. Heartened by this apparent interest in systematic discovery, I attempted to share with him the testing I have done on the makeup of the basin itself and the contents of the water.

The basin appears to be made of some form of ceramic coated in a colored enamel. I wasn't able to get a more precise reading without damaging the surface of the basin, but there doesn't appear to be anything present in its composition that would affect my hominid-servant's ability to protect herself. Likewise, the water contains the sort of trace elements, minerals, and sediment that one would expect, but nothing that could be expected to have a psychoactive effect on hominid biology. Findings which make my hominid-servant's actions all the more inexplicable.

Unfortunately, the infant felid's new-found scientific curiosity did not extend to such minutia, and he abandoned me mid-lecture. Still, I consider this a hopeful development and will proceed in my attempts to recruit the small creature with more optimism than I previously held.


Those hominids sure are confusing! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment