Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 488


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Four-Hundred-Eighty-Eight:
I give up! I surrender! I cannot fight them anymore. Yesterday, I finally succumbed to the wiles of the infant felid. I didn't plan my capitulation; it just happened.

The tiny pest shadowed me the entire day, per his usual routine, and I found myself observing how closely he imitates me. My walk, my vocalizations, the way I stalk the avians that still plague me from the other side of the portal, nothing is too small for the neonate to study and copy. I confess, I found it flattering. Who would have ever thought the creature capable of such a sincere and demonstrative compliment?

When he approached me, I allowed it. And, this time, when he settled next to me as I slumbered, I did not wake to chase him away. When I awoke from my repose and began my post-nap grooming ritual, the infant copied me and I realized he is utterly incompetent when it comes to personal hygiene. Rather than turning away in disgust, as was my first instinct, I found myself instructing him in proper grooming protocols and even assisting him to achieve an acceptable state of cleanliness.

Of course, my hominid-servant chose that moment to enter the sleeping room, and she observed us during the lessons on hygiene. In true hominid fashion, she reacted to this in an utterly irrational, though not entirely unwelcome, manner. She exclaimed over me and praised me as a "good kitty," which was humiliating. But then she brought fourth the liquid bovine secretions and poured out servings both for the infant and for myself. Which was a delightful attempt on her part to reconcile with me.

The reward, of course, is well deserved. After all, my generosity with regards to the felid is excessive. However, I am not yet certain if I am magnanimous enough to accept my hominid-servant's apology and forgive her as well. I will wait and see if any further delicacies are forth-coming before deciding if our relationship is salvageable.


Aww! Well, all's well that ends well, right? :-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment