Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day Twenty-Eight



Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth has returned to regale us with a little more about the trials and tribulations from his stint on the third closest planet to the star Sol. ;-)

Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Twenty-Eight:
I have now been on this planet for nearly one full lunar cycle, and every one of those days I have been offered the exact same food.  My hominid-servant is faithful about making sure I am properly provisioned, I'll give her that.  All I have to do is call her attention to the fact that the level of food in my bowl is low enough that I can see the bottom of the bowl, and she promptly refills it. But always with the same thing!

Again, I do need to give her credit, the brown, pellet-like food she provides is palatable, if a bit unappetizing in appearance, and meets all my nutritional requirements. But she never varies her offering, and it is becoming a bit tedious.  This is in spite of the fact that her own food changes not only from day to day, but from meal to meal.

I tried to point out this disparity to her by demonstrating my interest in what she eats.  Much of it smells appealing and I believe it would be compatible with my own system.  But she failed to take the hint and instead waved her hand in front of my face as if to imply that I should refrain from close examination of her eatables.

Preposterous, of course.  I'm here to observe and study the local life forms, after all.  How can I be expected to do that if I'm not allowed access to all aspects of their daily lives?  Since my nose tells me the food eaten by the local hominids would be eatable for DPCIL agents, it seems to me the simplest method of sampling it would be to taste it.  Doing so would also help liven up my own boring fare.

But she did not seem to agree, and instead guarded her food most zealously.  I will have to redouble my efforts to obtain a sample in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment