Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Book Review Of Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

Seeker, by Arwen Elys Dayton, is a wild, looping ride that will blow your hair back and keep you guessing.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking how to describe this story without giving it all away.  The narrative centers around four children: Quinn, Shinobu, John, and a "Dread" named Maud.  When the book begins some of the children are on the cusp of becoming "Seekers," who are supposedly guardians charged to protect humanity from evil, but it doesn't take long for them to learn that there is more to the story than they've been told.  Want to know what?  You'll have to read the book! ;-)


I really enjoyed this story, and I plowed through it so fast I know I'll have to go back and read it again to catch the things that I missed.  At times the changes in time, place and perspective were a little dizzying, but it didn't detract much from my overall enjoyment of the story.  There's a lot to this tale, and it's very fast paced, so you have to keep on your toes and pay close attention.  There are no insignificant details. ;-)  I am deducting one star because the disjointed organization of the book makes it just a tad difficult to follow occasionally, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how this story continues.  Four stars, and thank you Ms. Dayton for a thoroughly enjoyable read! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment