Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Good Reviews For More Than Just Books

Hi Everyone!! :-)

I've got something a little different for you today.  I had an awesome customer service experience earlier this week, and I thought I'd share it.  I certainly complain long enough and loud enough when I have a bad customer service experience, so hopefully this will help balance that out. ;-)

My blu-ray player died last week.  It was almost six years old, so I can't complain too much.  I ordered a new one from Amazon.com and it was delivered this past Monday.  According to Amazon's website, this machine was supposed to have a built-in wireless receiver.  Unfortunately, when I hooked it up I discovered the website was wrong.  My router is on a different floor, so connecting it through an ethernet hookup would not have been convenient.  I called Amazon to complain.  After a couple of transfers to the wrong department, I was connected with someone who confirmed that the device does not, in fact, have a wireless receiver.  She apologized for the inconvenience and offered to refund the full purchase price plus $10, which allowed me to order the next higher model for the same net cost as the first one, and to have UPS come and pick up the one I'm returning so I don't have to waste my time and gas taking it somewhere to be shipped.

Yes, it was Amazon's mistake that led to the problem in the first place, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and their representative made fixing the mistake so easy and pleasant that I'm fully satisfied with the transaction.  Amazon is a very large company, so it's nice to know that when an individual has a problem with an order they've given their representatives both the training and the authority to fix it.  Anyway, that's my post for today, I hope you've enjoyed it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment